Friday, September 17, 2010

Progress

Okay, so after all those heaters I donked off a ton of my roll down to $105, and I had to re-evaluate my game. After reading a ton of good posts on 2+2 I found a couple really solid hitters. This post was fantastic:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/78/micro-stakes-full-ring/concept-week-19-some-common-leaks-unl-506062/

if you could read that it'll help you plug a lot of good leaks, mainly with betting for information. Betting when you have a solid hand is a great way of raping the rush tables. I immediately took this information, and stopped Cbetting too heavy because it would only really lead me to double barreling and loosing 20bb in a hand I had nothing to do with. I quickly turned my game around and I'm back at $155. I'll be working up to 170 then I'm going to give a couple cash games a shot. The main thing with moving up in stakes is keeping the aggression on.  What was wrong with me for the first couple of 5nl cash games was that I was running hot, so the aggression was easy, but after I started running into some marginal hands that were still good, I would fold as soon as there was any doubt. When you have 2nd pair with a great kicker, it was hard for me to barrel someone because I'd always assign them to a hand that was better than mine. When I was playing rush this is when I really became appreciative of aggression frequency and putting pressure on those with hands that are running equal to mine, and folding out to more 3bets.

I've lost the most BI's at 5nl by not following the baluga theorem. If you're getting 3bet on the turn with TPTK.. you need to seriously evaluate the strength of your hand and the characteristics of the villain. If the villain is 3bet happy and has been seen showing up after 3betting with marginal hands, then flatting his 3bet and re-evaluating on the river might show positive results. If you have TPTK and a draw at the same time, typically thats enough equity to ship it over them, but flatting is still better because if you miss your draw you have the opportunity to save money on the river, however calling a turn raise to fold a river is typically a bad play. Usually if villain is full of shit they'll make a bet sizing error on the river anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment